Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Back, finally (for good?)

Hello everyone!

Well, at the insistence... I mean encouragement of my wife, and my own gian-ness, I have decided to start blogging again. I know I know, you probably think that this is going to be my only post in the next 5 years. But I believe that with my wife's continued insis... I mean encouragement! I'll *hopefully* be posting more frequently than I used to. =) Haha.

We finally made it to the restaurant that Jonathan's working at for dinner, after such a long time of saying we would. Guess it's also good timing (not about to attribute it to God, it's a buffet and everyone knows buffets are of the Devil!) cos the restaurant was supposed to close for renovations in end August. We couldn't make it till then cos we've been busy with the house and just settling down after the wedding. Then he tells us that they've extended their closing by another 2 weeks, till mid Sept. But I can't go cos I was on night shift the past 2 weeks! (which I'm still desperately trying to recover from) And so I thought (rather mournfully, if I might add) that that's it, I won't get to eat at Jonathan's restaurant. But lo and behold, they decide to postpone their renovations by another week! And so we decided that tonight would be the night, that we would head down to the Triple Three Buffet Restaurant at the Meritus Mandarin, to bid it (as well as our diet plans) a last goodbye.

And what a last goodbye it was! Food was awesome (it didn't help that I skipped lunch for it), I don't even know where to begin. Best idea of what it was like? Go visit my sister's blog, one can always count on her to have a photoblog up before the night is done. And the company was great too! Lixin, sis, Joash, Ah Tan, Weisiang, Oon, Declan and Dot, and of course our resident chef Jonathan himself, carving up Prime Beef Ribs and 5kg Legs of Honey Glazed Fatty Ham with pure relish that we couldn't help but feel completely famished! Of course, our friends Dot, Dec and Ah Tan very nearly didn't get to join us because they thought that we were going to MARINA Mandarin, even though we had arranged to meet at Somerset MRT. At this point, the discerning reader should be exclaiming in a wild incredulous frenzy: "But Marina's NOWHERE near Somerset!!! (add exclamation marks ad infinitum, ad nauseum)"

Precisely, gentle reader. Precisely.

Anyhoo, now that they've been sufficiently made fun of and embarrased, suffice to say that all's well that end's well, Joash and I rescue them from what could have been a disastrous night out (imagine our poor heroes/heroine at Marina Mandarin wondering where everyone else is!) and we eat till "our stomachs tear", to quote Declan.

The Mrs. says that we're going on a vegetable diet for the rest of the week. I'm surprisingly inclined to agree. I think I had enough meat tonight to last me quite a while.

Another pleasant/happy thing that happened this evening was that I got my new CDs from our resident entrepreneur extraordinare, Jason Oon! Got Lincoln Brewster's "Today is the Day" and New Life Worship's "Counting on God". From the little that I've listened to so far, both titles sound GREAT! And thanks to Mr. Oon, I get these CDs at a fantastic price of only SGD$18.90 each! That's right, only SGD$18.90 each! (now I sound like one of those infomercials on TV.) I'll talk a little more, maybe do a review of these albums in my next post...

That's it! I shall turn my blog into a CD reviewing online newsletter! Genius! Wanna buy a CD? Don't pay cash for something that's not worth it, visit this blog in future for indepth reviews of brand new albums before deciding if you should shell out some hard-earned (or hard-begged, depending on your profession or lack thereof) moolah for them! And maybe I'll do a tie-up with Oon's site, so he supplies me with free CDs and I review them for him! (I suppose this is where the daydream falls apart, cos the poor dude needs to make a living too...)

But I think that's what I'll do. Review CDs as a pasttime. Do my bit for the community, help you save/spend your money! And maybe, one day, after many many years of CD reviewing, they will call me the Ebert/Roeper of Christian albums... ha. And I can write books called "Your Album Sucks." (Check our Ebert's review page, he HAS written a book called "Your Movie Sucks." Super hilarious!)

Wow, blogging is a lot more therapeutic than I thought... it's actually quite fun! Now I know why my sis blogs all the time... cos she has nothing better to do... HA! But yeah. I guess this means I'll be blogging more often.

I HOPE. =)

Ps. I LOVE MY HOUSE AND WHAT WE'VE DONE WITH IT! =)

3 comments:

estherfoong. said...

I'm shocked!?!?!?!?!

estherfoong. said...

SHOCKING SHOCKING NEWS!?!?!

Anonymous said...

FINALLY.

Yeah for Elvin!